Effective communication II
Effective communication II
Next scheduled date: 20-11-2019
Price: € 1.795,00 excl. VAT
Duration: 3 consecutive days + 1 evening
Register for this training
Learn to master the 7 biggest communication challenges. Clear communication in projects can be challenging and if not done well can have a negative influence on your work and the project. Do you recognise these examples?
- Do people mention that you are being too critical, too black and white in sending the message? Or is your point not always coming across?
- Is getting full commitment for your proposal difficult?
- Are you sometimes getting into discussions not leading to a result?
- Do you do things yourself rather than delegate them to others?
- Is coaching colleagues taking you more effort than you wish?
- Can convincing others be hard, especially with higher management?
Most people will recognise one or more of the challenges mentioned above. In this training you learn how to successfully handle the 7 biggest communication challenges and thereby improve your professional impact and leadership.
After the training you are able to recognise the typical communication challenges and master the skills to successfully deal with them.
Technology professionals, who work in the field of innovation and technology.
To cover the biggest challenges in communication, the course is split into 2 modules. The full course (part I & II) covers the 7 challenges and gives you a sound skillset to deal with most of the challenges you encounter in communication.
The focus of the first module is: Becoming effective in influencing others and achieving results, in one-on-ones and in group meetings. Challenges 1 - 4 are covered in this part:
- Bringing your message across crystal clear, in such a way that others appreciate it getting it from you;
- Convincing others and dealing with resistance;
- Increasing your influence by creating a supportive network of relevant stakeholders;
- Understanding the (psycho) logic of others behaviour;
- Delegating work effectively in such a way that people like to work for you;
- Coaching others and helping them to improve in their job;
- Increasing your influence without power.
The focus of the second module is: Managing others, by delegating and coaching effectively and showing technical leadership. Challenges 5 - 7 are covered in this part.
Designed for technology professionals
This training package is designed for technology professionals working in the environment of complex system development. It is highly practical and theoretically sound. Because we work with your personal cases you can apply what you have learned the next day.
Personal action plan
Part of the training plan is a personal action plan that helps you to apply what you have learnt.
Feedback from colleagues
Prior to the training you will carry out a mini 360 degrees enquiry asking colleagues what it is they perceive as your strong and weak points in your communication skills. In the training, we use this enquiry as a basis from which to start learning.
Day 1 9:00 - 21:00 including lunch and dinner
Day 2 9:00 - 17:00 including lunch
Day 3 9:00 - 17:00 including lunch
Action learning, lectures, exercises, discussions, role-plays. Evening session with a senior, guest speaker (day 1).
A SS&F / High Tech Institute certificate upon completing homework and final assignment.