From the start of a project, we deploy all in-house knowledge from concept and system design, parts manufacturing and assembly & test in dedicated teams. We start from a solid system architecture and design and verify and validate every step along the way, including complex physics modelling, prototyping and proof of concept demonstration. This has allowed us to build a track record of executing complex and challenging innovation projects in a predictable way.
- Feasibility and concept studies
- Design and engineering of modules and systems up to and including full TPD
- Test and validation
- In-house proof-of-concept prototype and first series realisation
- Product lifecycle services
- IP management for customers
- Our expertise lies in integration in the domain of nanometer-precision mechanics, optics and mechatronics systems, operating in challenging physical ambients.
- Ambients like ambients with extreme temperature changes, gas- and heat flows, and ultra-high and ultra clean vacuum requirements
- (Precision) mechanics; Mechatronics
- Software & Control, Electronics
- Optics, Opto-Mechanics and Opto-Mechatronics
- Physics (vacuum, heat, pressure, radiation, ...); Ultra Clean, Ultra High vacuum systems design
- Design for cleanliness (particle, chemical); DfX (assembly, manufacturing, cost)
our handshake with clients
- For customers we virtually become part of their R&D environment, understanding the true physics complexity of processes, systems and products.
- Our focus on reviewing of work in all stages of our projects, is to foresee challenges and risks together with our customers, and manage them before they become problematic.
- In a multi-year research program we supported R&D of our customer.
- Our team of 6 FTE on average was involved in thermal modelling, gas flow analysis, concept design of printheads and stages in an ultra clean vacuum environment.
- Proof of concept was verified and a new generation of research equipment was designed, built and integrated in the research laboratory of our customer, which was key for the market introduction of a new generation of products.
- The combination of hologram technology in an opto mechatronics module lead to a world wide approved patent of a high resolution measuring device.
- Our team foscused on concept development, patent study, patent application, the industrialisation of the sensor and developing an assembly line for pilot production.
- For verifying sensor-concept-accuracy our team developed a concept to reach extreme stability in measurement environment, enabling stability down to picometer levels over long periods of time (10^-12 sensitivity).
- Handling large masses, vacuum cleanliness, isolating and damping of vibrations, predictable material and thermal (creep) behavior were all taken into account.
positioning optical components
- In semicon production equipment, optical elements are getting larger.
- Positioning optical elements with accuracy and stability becomes more important.
- Our team developed concepts for stable positioning and minimal deformation, operating in an ultra-clean vacuum environment.
- The optical elements weighed up to several 100’s kgs.
- We developed, built and installed the holders including the related tooling and automation equipment.