Next scheduled date: 24-05-2019
Price: € 575,00 excl. VAT
Duration: 1 day
Register for this training
Are you new to Holland and confused by Dutch corporate culture? This intensive boot camp will give you all the insight, practical soft skills, and confidence you need to make the most of your career in the Netherlands.
If you’re new to Holland, a lot of things may be different from what you're used to in the workplace. For example, Dutch colleagues expect you to always say what you think – even if it means contradicting your boss. And you can expect them to comment on your work, too. Dutch jobs come with a lot of freedom – and a lot of responsibility, right from the start. What's the best way to handle that? And all those seemingly endless meetings – how do you ever get things done? How do you move decisions in the right direction, when it's unclear who's in charge of making them?
All these unfamiliar things can frustrate you and make you feel like you're not performing at your best. Fortunately, many of the skills you need to work effectively and rewardingly in the Netherlands can be learned. And once you've learned them, you may join the ranks of the many professionals who wouldn't want to live without them.
You'll learn the history behind the Netherlands' unique approach to work, and why it's a plus in the technology industry. You'll also practice the concrete day-to-day skills you need to survive – and thrive.
This intensive boot camp covers:
- The specifics of the Dutch business culture and how it developed;
- Why the Dutch approach is so successful in the high tech industry, and how it meets the needs of high tech engineers;
- How to speak up in every situation (even when it means contradicting your boss);
- How to respond professionally to harsh criticism;
- How to handle mistakes and things you don't know;
- What to do about all those endless meetings;
- The major don'ts and other sensitive issues – what you definitely shouldn't do.
Non-Dutch technology professionals working with Dutch colleagues, in the Netherlands or abroad. This in-depth course is designed for technology professionals engaged in complex system development.
- How to handle the uniquely Dutch approach to offering criticism;
- Dutch corporate culture: its background, history, and traits;
- Flat organisations
- Lots and lots of meetings
- That famous Dutch frankness
- What makes this approach such a success in high tech;
- How to speak up and maximise your influence;
- How to maximize your influence: stakeholder management in a flat organisation;
- Giving effective feedback (even to your boss);
- What not to do (what will make your career go south fast).
Action learning, lectures, exercises, discussions, role-plays.
Participants receive a High Tech Institute certificate after completing the course homework and final assignment.
Personal action plan
The program provides a theoretically sound foundation, then turns it into practical action using participants' specific, real-world situations. As a result, you can apply what you've learned the very next day. At the end of the course, you'll have a complete personal action plan to take forward.